Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Missing Piece

"In the universe, there are more unknowns than knowns." -anon

It was an interesting feeling. Not as intense as alarming, not as continuous as a concern. A singular missing puzzle piece that lies in a person's hand. This was unique.

I had to run some errands on Friday, so I drove my pickup to work. That's not a huge issue, other than the gas it drinks.

Coming out to the smoking patio for my first smoke of the day, right next to motorcycle parking, I stop. I pause. The world wasn't right. A crack, or perhaps a reflection of an echo of a crack. Looking over to the other bikes, mine is missing.

'Of course it's missing! I drove today,' I think to myself. I shook it off, but is was mildly disturbing in a benign, gentle way. Not a person to be attached to material things (just ask my ex! LOL) this is odd. Is it the bike I miss? Is it the void the missing bike left? Am I unnaturally attached to an inanimate object? Regardless. It was different. New. Different. I like that.
---
On a side note, I am deep into the planning of my trip to the Atlantic Coast and back. At times, it is odd. It almost feels like an obsession! Now, that is certainly something different and new for me.

So, my posts here will be slowing a bit as I work on my trip. Updates here as they occur.

No comments: