Thursday, January 24, 2008

Relationships

All those knobs. Are they necessary? I have had conversations with people about relationships and whether they need to be complex... with all those knobs.

The resounding answer is a definite NO.

My experience shows otherwise. Granted, I have had limited experience in this respect but I wonder sometimes. One misadjusted knob and that little device could easily overheat. Yes? No? I don't honestly know.

The relationship with my motorcycle is simple. I keep her maintained and she takes care of me. It is simple and reciprocal. There are few surprises.

I ride down the road and forget the clutch and throttle and brakes and gears. We meld together and function as one. I understand that a good relationship should be like this. Sure, there will be slippery spots on the road and she or I may make a mistake from time to time. That is the nature of life.

I wonder if a relationship, a close intimate relationship can be like this. I wonder...

No comments: