Thursday, October 26, 2006

October 26, 2006
T-minus-12 days!!!

He deserves Paradise who makes his companions laugh.
Koran-

My friend brings me laughter. I haven't experienced this in years and revel in its soulful release. Sure, I laugh and chuckle occasionally, but to have a friend who's voice simply makes one smile is a precious gift.

I have known and experienced sarcastic and hurtful humor now, for so many years, I actually found it difficult to recognize true, light-hearted conversation. I am not talking about the tripe of 'small-talk.' I found it amazing that two people could actually converse without friction or sarcasm or histrionics or accusations. I find it enlightening; enjoyable; and pleasant. There are no underhanded pretenses; no ulterior motives; no tests without correct answers; no fishing.

If I receive no other gift from a friend, laughter, friendly conversation and comfort are as good as gold.

Thank you, friend.

No comments: