Monday, October 12, 2009

Getting Ready For Another Trip

Well, money will be tight. The riding will be hard to minimize hotel stays. Food will mostly be protein and granola bars, fruit I can bring along and maybe something from hotel lobbies. But, I am doing it.

Sure, I could save the money to pay down a loan I have. But this ride is just something that is necessary. Something inside that must be expressed through the art and beauty of a moving motorcycle on asphalt.

So, here is a rough itinerary...
  1. Saturday - Vegas to Albuquerque, NM - 570 miles.
  2. Sunday - Albuquerque to Oklahoma City, OK - 545 miles
  3. Monday - Oklahoma City to Pensacola, FL - 900 miles
  4. Tuesday - Relax on the beach.
  5. Wednesday - Relax on the beach.
  6. Thursday - Relax on the beach.
  7. Friday - Pensacola to Burlington, NC - 680 miles
  8. Saturday - Relax
  9. Sunday - Relax
  10. Monday - Relax
  11. Tuesday - Head Back to Vegas - 2280 miles
  12. Wednesday - Back to Vegas
  13. Thursday - Back to Vegas
  14. Friday - Arrive back in Vegas on Friday Night.
In case of weather or unexpected delays, there are two emergency days. This is going to be fun.

To keep the load lighter and less complex, the computer will stay at home. But, I WILL be posting updates via my cell phone onto my FaceBook account. For those who wish to track my progress across the country, as boring or exciting as it might be, add me there. Just log onto your account (or create a new one) and look for Ken Linder and add me. I am the one in black leathers standing in front of my Sportster.

Safe travels, please. We lost a rider this weekend.

5 comments:

Chessie (Chesshirecat) said...

Ride careful.
It's a good ride, with some nice stops in between.

Lady R (Di) said...

Have a great trip. I'm on FB too, so I'll add you. That way I can watch your progress as you journey across all these states!
If you find yourself in Montgomery, AL. on your way to Pensacola, give me a shout!
Keep the shiney side up and have a wonderful adventure!

GYMONR said...

Whats the start date???
Big Al

mq01 said...

be careful and have a safe ride razor. i'll go find you on facebook as well...

RazorsEdge2112 said...

Thanks all!

My start date is this Saturday, Oct 17. Hopefully the launch time will be 6:00 AM. Hopefully. We all know how that goes sometimes.