Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Route. Here we Go!

Well, the route is set. Athena has a new set of grips, fresh oil and short of a minor 'Harley Leak' she is ready. I need to take care of some bills, pack and I will be ready.

Right now, the route is pretty solid but may be changed slightly depending on traffic, time, weather and a host of other things. But, here it is, in order of travel. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I plan on spending a few days in Pensacola and a few in Burlington, NC. Other than that, it is road-time, baby!



View Larger Map


View Larger Map


View Larger Map


View Larger Map

Another fellow is making a similar run for Best Friends Animal Shelter about the same time. The two of us discussed the possibility of meeting up, but alas, no luck. Maybe next year.

6 comments:

GYMONR said...

let me know when you will be getting near the gulf coast. Maybe we can meet up for a ride down the beach...let me know
Big Al

mq01 said...

great route. actually, just the road time is great enough in itself, bravo my friend. have a fun and safe trip!!!

Ann said...

Looks like a great trip! Too bad you're not coming down towards Phoenix, we'd love to meet up with you. Maybe next time.

Ride safe and enjoy!

Lady R (Di) said...

I'll have to keep up with you on FB. Looks like your passing right through Montgomery! Depending on when... who knows! I-85 goes right past my office, within a block. You'll be interchanging from I65N to I85N. Be careful! There's been some heavy construction going on around the interchange, but it should be mostly cleared up. If your timing is such you need food... the Perry Hill Rd. exit has a "Chappy's" (the best deli in town) just one block off the interstate. The south side of town my not be the best stops. Come on through and stop either at the Eastern Blvd., Taylor Rd., or Mitylene exits. Lots of gas and food stops... and better area of town.

Ride on and have a blast!!

MeanDonnaJean said...

Whooooo boy, that is ONE HELLUVA RUN!

I wish ya rain-free ridin', minimal mechanical mishaps, lotsa luck on the loins ;-) and of course....

....a FULL report when ya get back, ya hear?

WooleyBugger said...

So you'll be in my neck of the woods the 24th right???
hit me up on my email wooleybugger1@gmail.com , give me a number and we'll go eat...something.