Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Alas my Rebel, I Barley Knew You.

It is time to prepare a farewell to my friend. We have seen and been through a lot together. She was not only a new mode of transport, but opened a life changing door.

Without the two of us meeting, it is quite likely most of the people I now know, would not even have crossed my path. Without her, the family I am now part of, would be forever beyond the horizon.

Without her I would never have met fellow bloggers and riders like Ms M, WooleyBugger, Iowa Harley Girl, Big Al, Biker Dietitian, Chessie, NormaJean, Bolty, Doug, Lady Ridesalot, Balisada and many more. It is no great understatement that my little Honda Rebel has been the catalyst for change in my life.

However, she is not happy. She sits in my garage, only coming out once or twice a month for a little ride around the neighborhood. A motorcycle isn't meant to sit idle. My little Honda Rebel needs an owner who will rider her. Hopefully I can find one.

3 comments:

WooleyBugger said...

Bet its hard to let her go but somebody else can hopefully gain what you did with her now.
No other transportation seems to do that does it.

GYMONR said...

Dam Ken you almost made me cry...Sad to see the old girl go.
Big Al

Baron's Life said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
All the best for 2011