Sunday, November 09, 2008

The SilverMan

While out driving around and running errands today I was granted the opportunity to see something that was fantastic. That thing, or rather things, were the athletes in the SilverMan triathlon. A 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and 26.2 mile run.

To be honest I have never seen a live triathlon. My assumption that only the most athletic, skinny, powerful people participated in these events was quite soundly trounced.

Not only did I see people who looked to be in my state of un-athleticness, but there was a person with one leg and a person who must have been 100 pounds heavier than myself. A couple that looked to be well into their 70's. These are serious people.

Serious about pushing their own limits. Serious about the struggle. Serious about living.

A million kudos to those out there in the Las Vegas valley, swimming, biking and running this event!

No comments: