Sunday, May 10, 2009

Star Trek - WOW!

For as long as I can remember, my minimal television and movie viewing activities has orbited around the absolute ridiculous and science fiction. As a child I was equally a fan of Bugs Bunny, as well as Space: 1999, UFO and Dr. Who. A child who can explain the basic tenants of Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, including the Lorentz Contraction in third grade does not typically fall into standard classification. Actually, that was rather enjoyable.

Anyway, I am not a classic Trekkie with fake Vulcan ears in my dresser or a copy of Shakespeare translated to Klingon in my bookshelf. Call me a borderline Trekkie if you will. I do have a nifty Starfleet Academy pen somewhere. Regardless, I needed to get out of the house today.

My 18 year old daughter, her boy friend and my ex-wife were all going out to watch the new Star Trek movie and I had an open invitation. So, what the hell. I hadn't seen a first run movie since Star Wars: The Phantom Menace in 1999.

No spoilers here, but I will admit it was damned good. There was one big hole in the plot, or I thought there was until my daughter's boy friend explained it. So, if you like Sci-fi I highly recommend it.

Now, what does this have to do with motorcycles? Well, James T. Kirk was riding an electric sports bike early in the movie but don't remember the brand. Anyone? I will admit, it certainly did NOT look comfortable. Maybe a Moto Guzzi?????



No comments: