And now it is 2010.
Honestly, New Years resolutions never made much sense to me. Typically after a few weeks they are broken. After a few months, forgotten.
Goals I can do, or at least work on. For myself, once a New Year's resolution is broken, it is broken. Goals, on the other hand, are more flexible and forgiving and in many ways more fruitful.
So, in that vein, here are a few goals for the coming year.
- Ride 25,000 miles. Yes, it can certainly be done. I'm up for it. Anyone want to ride along?
- Rebuild a motorcycle. Working on it!
- Rid myself of some debt.
- Write more.
- Smoke less.
A few suggestions from people I know just couldn't make it to the list. Ya... No...
- Get a girlfriend. Ya, well...
- Write a book about my cross country trips. Well, in all, not a bad idea. It is simply not the right time for that.
- Open an e-bay business. Been there, done that. No Thanks!
- Get another Harley. Well, four bikes is more than enough for me. I don't need another! There is barely enough room in my garage for wrenching as it is.
Happy New Years, all!