Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 - No Resolutions for Me!

2009 was interesting. It was a year of discovery and adventure and duty.

And now it is 2010.

Honestly, New Years resolutions never made much sense to me. Typically after a few weeks they are broken. After a few months, forgotten.

Goals I can do, or at least work on. For myself, once a New Year's resolution is broken, it is broken. Goals, on the other hand, are more flexible and forgiving and in many ways more fruitful.

So, in that vein, here are a few goals for the coming year.
  • Ride 25,000 miles. Yes, it can certainly be done. I'm up for it. Anyone want to ride along?
  • Rebuild a motorcycle. Working on it!
  • Rid myself of some debt.
  • Write more.
  • Simplify.
  • Smoke less.
Several of these are already on my bucket list but just happen to currently be at the top of my list.

A few suggestions from people I know just couldn't make it to the list. Ya... No...
  • Get a girlfriend. Ya, well...
  • Write a book about my cross country trips. Well, in all, not a bad idea. It is simply not the right time for that.
  • Open an e-bay business. Been there, done that. No Thanks!
  • Get another Harley. Well, four bikes is more than enough for me. I don't need another! There is barely enough room in my garage for wrenching as it is.
And with that, I am off to finish my coffee and do a little wrenching.

Happy New Years, all!

No comments: