Thursday, March 13, 2008

Little Under the Weather

Sickness and I are not friends. The fever, the headache, the sore throat, the periodic sweats and hot flashes, the dizzy feeling and let's not forget the coughing and hacking and sneezing.

So, today the couch is my place of residence. My daughter has been sick with this, off and on, for the past two weeks. Typically my body is able to fend off these microscopic intruders, but not this time.

No work, no lunch meeting with pizza, and most importantly, no motorcycle ride. Seventy five degrees outside in the calm desert air. Thin strato-cumulus clouds overhead. Very light western breeze. I am not sure which is worse, the cold symptoms or motorcycle riding withdrawal.

There will be other days to ride, not not another today to ride.

No comments: